Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pin It


Get Gadget

My life flashed before my eyes today.

Ok, I'm being melodramatic, but it surprisingly took the wind out of me today when my oldest daughter actually went through with getting her ears pierced (which I had supported for a long time). I watched the entire thing, and I did not think that I would be the one who would break out in a cold sweat after it was all done. I really thought I was going to pass out in the middle of the mall! I did not expect it to affect me that way. I felt almost sick, and I was the one who approved the whole procedure to start with (her daddy was not gung-ho about it, but he went along with it). She already has a whole list of what she wants to put in them after her starter studs are out. Never a wimper or a cry today, either, which was a huge step for her. She hardly even felt it, she said. I am proud of her for facing her fears, and she's extra proud of the result.


Before the escapade at Claire's, I took the girls to gymnastics. They had a blast. The oldest has nailed several cartwheels in the last 24 hours (she finally figured out how to do a really good one about 10 minutes before we left for class). She also did a good first-time one-handed cartwheel today, as well as good practice on the balance beam, back rolls, bridges, and some "quick" handstands (ok, if you blinked you would have missed it). The younger one did some great back rolls today, and worked on all sorts of jumping and coordination skills as well.

Yesterday, we had registration for our brownie troop. We'll have 5 or 6 girls this year, which is a great number to work with. We were able to catch up today with school. The oldest is loving Rosetta Stone (we are using library access to go through the Latin program). Math seems to be getting easier for her as well. She is starting to understand what it takes to nail the timed facts practice sheets with her Saxon workbook.

I am going through training with an online company right now. I have 7 more tests to take in 8 more days, so my schedule to get those done is pretty tight. I also have 2 more guides to finish proofing by next Friday. I certainly don't wish my life away, but the rigorous testing schedule to which I have to adhere is hopefully going to be worth it when I am certified with the company. More about it when I am able to go into more depth.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...