Thirteen Things I Love about Louisiana1. No need for socks until the end of November.
2. Pink geckos and green anoles
3. The SAINTS (especially Drew Brees and Coach Sean Peyton)
4. The trees... live oak trees, loblolly pines, and palms of all kinds
5. Gumbo, jambalaya, muffalettas, and po-boys
4. Beignets (They are so good they deserve a separate number on the list.)
7. Community Coffee
8. Native-born dialects/accents and quirky regional idioms
9. Cajun French
10. Being just a few miles from Gulf Coast beaches
11. Festivals galore
12. Electric bills in the winter
13. Mardi Gras parades
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants