Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pin It


Get Gadget

My educational background, working outside the home vs. at home

A big reason I decided to homeschool is summed up in the following sentence: I'm a former public school teacher. I taught high school English literature, grammar, and composition to 7th, 9th, and 10th graders. I've homeschooled my children from the beginning, and don't plan on ever sending them to the pit of public schools. I graduated 2nd in my class of about 300 students, and with honors in college. My husband and I got married when I was 19 and he was 21, just after completing our second year in college (he decided to go back to school after we started dating during my senior year in high school). I've not had the desire to go back for my master's degree. Next year my state professional teaching license expires, but I am not seeking renewal. If I ever need to go back and teach in a formal classroom setting, I'll go to a private school, and then go and do whatever requirements they may hold. If I cannot teach in a private school, then I'll find work elsewhere.

I'm exploring several options to make extra money at home, one of those avenues being expanding my freelance editorial services. I have not actively sought out more clients, which is reflected by the sporadic nature of the work that is assigned to me. I'm also going to be more persistent about getting listings up on eBay. I really need to get rid of a LOT of junk in my house. I also am working on a few other independent contractor projects that I will try to squeeze in from time to time. One is still in the application phase, so when that comes to fruition I'll explain it a little more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...